Friday, May 7, 2010

How about ya stop and smell the roses

Well hello! I'm sorry it's been so long. I promise I'm not avoiding you :) As you may know, this past week was finals week. Scary huh?! I can't believe the semester is over either! I'M A JUNIOR! Neat :)) And if you must know...I passed Organic! By the grace of God, I must say, because according to all my previous calculations that was near impossible!

So yesterday morning, at 7:30 was my last final. After that I needed to come home to start preparing for my mom's graduation party tomorrow! Yaaay!!! Although it's been hectic, it's nothing compared to this past semester, I guess I could call the new craze a breeze! After tomorrow, I will officially have not a care in world! I cannot wait :))

One of the errands I was running yesterday involved going to Walmart to pick up the basics...drinks, cups, and a few decorations. Being the impatient person that I am, I always park on the garden side because there are never people over there to park or check out! After my last final, I was in such a good mood! So good, that when I walked through the garden, I HAD to stop and smell the flowers. I just walked down the isle, with not a care in the world. The sun was shinning and the color's were BEAUTIFUL! As I get to the back, what would I find? A clearance section?!?! Ok, 1. I didn't realize you could clearance flowers. That's ridiculous. 2. They looked just as beautiful as all the others! I was outraged! Well, as outraged as I could be with a smile still on my face and all my troubles behind me....Anyways, it was in this moment I decided I have a new passion, recuing the unwanted flowers. I ended up buying a gagillion flowers and potting soil...the whole 9 yards, lol. Ridiculous? Sure, but I hated the thought that people would put something so beautiful at a lower price! Why do they get to decide their value??

As I'm driving to my next destination, I'm listening to some crazy stuff on the radio and I can see the flowers in the floor of my car and I turn off the radio and I start complaining to God about how sad I thought it was that the flowers had lost their value. And ya know what? He spoke to me :) Kinda...He lead my thoughts to think about flowers, literally. They were made in the beginning, and like everything else, with a perfect design and purpose. They are to be beautiful, colorful, cheerful, and fruitful to multiply. But sometimes, in the wrong environment, they get weathered. They lose their petals and their leaves brown a little and someone else comes along and deems them useless. The nerve...

And then God lead my thoughts to my own relationship with Him, and I realized I am one of those clearance flowers. I've been weathered and tested and I didn't pass it too well. My leaves have browned and I've lost almost all of my petals. I'm not at the potential that was intended for me so the world came along and told me I was useless. That trying to reach my full potential now, would be a waste. I'd never bloom and be beautiful or fruitful. And it makes a lot of sense when I tell myself that, but when I think about those flowers, it seems silly. Why? Because I know that they just need the right kind of help. In the right soil, with someone caring for them, I honestly believe that they'll bloom. Get it? God is my gardener now. And I'm not saying in any way that I am God, but I am trying to save these flowers, like He's trying to save me. He's put me in good soil and He's cared for me. I'm not perfect and I have a lot of growing to do. I need to get rid of all the dead leaves that I carry, so that I can blosom into the Lord!

For the rest of the time in the car, I prayed that my relationship would be like that of these flowers. Sure, once I was mostly useless, and I felt as though I'd never reach my full potential, but it's completely different with God at the wheel. That I let God rescue me from the clearance section, and plant me in His garden. I want to bloom and I want to multiply my faith by telling others.

"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

On another, but still very similar note, part of being in God's garden, means were deeply rooted with all His other flowers. Meaning, we should stick to other people trying to grow and bloom for God because it's encouraging to be with people just like us. Who were once told the same things we were yet there we all are, proving them wrong. Because we are something, to God. Our value in Him never changes and we will never be less valuable. He will never put us in the clearance section.

Finally, I realize that I read into the whole flower thing a great deal. It's pretty out there, I will admit, but what can I say? I'm dramatic :)

Finally again, this one was short, and it's late, so technically right now my mom's party is in just over 12 hours.

Finally again again, "As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another." Proverbs 27:17. So I guess if you're a boy and you don't want to be in a flower garder, you could be a stick of iron! That sounds pretty manly!

Happy Summerrrrrrr!!!!!! I love you!!!

Oh and finally just one more time...it's only 13 hours until the love of my life will be here :)) RGL, you know who you are :))))

Goodnight America, and Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment