Thursday, April 22, 2010

Romeo, just take me somewhere...

Oh my my my! It's Earth Day! For a hippie, such as myself, there couldn't be more perfect holiday! I hope that as you read, you are inspired to spend some quality time outside! Hurry, there's not much time left until the sun sets!!! I don't mind if you even finish reading later :))

I had high hopes for today, which usually ends miserably when I attempt to plan for anything, but I wouldn't say today was bad at all! It all started when I put on my fantastic purple and pink flower headband of course! Not to mention my hot pink flower sandals :)) Megs and I finally got to meet baby Mara, who couldn't be more precious! I absolutely love her! I could seriously stare at her all day, babies just blow my mind! I also took a stroll down Dickson and then Megs and I had a lovely picnic at the Greek Theater! The weather you ask? Beautiful! I couldn't have asked for a more perfect day. When I've woken up the past few mornings, it's still been a little dark, but when I woke up this morning the sun was BEAMING through our closed blinds. I couldn't help but close my eyes and be ever so thankful.

This morning I was walking back from Bell, with the sun shining and the wind blowing at the baby hairs around my face and the Taylor Swift blaring in my ears and I had the biggest smile on my face, that I'm fairly sure has been plastered there all day. I wanted to take it all in! The flowers, the green in the trees and grass, the birds, the very blue sky, the sunshine, the wind blowing and crazy little squirrels...it's all very overwhelming! But it's mostly due to the fact that I did some reading in Genesis this morning, after my daily readings :))

Rereading the story of creation is incredible. I can't even comprehend the immensity of nothingness or what it was like before God made everything. After reading it again, there are so many images going through my mind. I wish there was a movie so that I could witness it all happening right before eyes! For now, my imagination will do. Before God created the Heavens and the earth, I imagine there being infinite light. Why? Because I can't imagine there being darkness with God, right? Especially since this was before sin and such. So there's all this holy light and God separated holy light and earthly light. And the earth at this point was a huge, formless, mass of water so God separated it by making this ever blue sky. And then He contained the water and made land. And then he made the trees! These big and beautiful trees! Some with great tall branches and some with flowers and He made regular flowers! Which means he made all these beautiful colors and smells, aromaticity! And he made the fruits and vegetables! And then He spoke again and contained a portion of the light and made the sun, and to find beauty in the night, He made the moon to capture less light than the sun. And in the sky? He made these great and lesser lights! The stars!! Keep in mind that He has been makinge up things for us to learn about this whole time too...like supernovas, white dwarfs, the entire solar system, gravity, photosynthesis, pollination, plant cells, EVERYTHING! And then what does He do? He made animals. He made the lions, tigers, bears, bees, giraffs, zebras, monkeys, penguins! Every kind of fish and every kind of bird and everything in between! And then He made man! And gave him a wife for his own because it wasn't good that he was alone! And with that He made DNA, RNA, enzymes, amino acids, red and white blood cells, sex, and everything else that includes being human! Everything that we have is straight from Him! Things that take us years to create or to even imagine and He already made it all...in 6 days. It's incredible. He's absolutely unfathomable.

Being in ridiculous math classes and chemistry classes, it's so crazy to think that God made it to work that way. He knows it all! It takes a great amount of thought to engineer the things that we do have and with practically no thought at all He came up with an entire way of life. Every atom and every element! And you know what? We kinda screwed it up by giving in to sin. The good news? If He put all this thought into a finite earthly life, for finite earthly beings, to have beautiful days, just like today, can you even imagine the kind of lives we'll have in Heaven? No.

Talk about beauty :) Everything about today, magnified! Every color brighter and every smile just a little bit bigger. As happy as I was today, I know that there's something so much better waiting, and that's even more incomprehensible. I don't know exactly what Heaven will be like. Clouds? Milk? Honey? Golden streets? Light? There's really no telling! But I know God is there and I know that perfection lies in Him alone. I know that everything beautiful and pure is from Him and I know that He is love and I know that there will be nothing to compare it to. I know that every good thought I have about it, will be surpassed and every hope I have will have already been thought of. Incomprehensible. What a beautiful thought! And for this, my heart is happy. Just think about it a while! The next great day you have, give thanks to God, and then think about it getting better than that. In ways you haven't even thought of and couldn't dream of thinking up.

I know I started this by saying that you should go outside and enjoy the day, but I'm only about to post it and it's already dark, so I'm sorry! What happened and why did it take so long? I FINALLY GOT A NEW BIKE! And of course, I had to go for an Earth Day bike ride, in the dark, lol. Bike name? Romeo. Why? 1. Because it's a boy bike (because I wanted silver) and 2. because he swept me off my feet :)) I do hope your Earth Day has been just as enjoyable as mine!

Psalms 19:1--"The Heavens declare the glory of God and the skies proclaim the work of His hands."

Psalms 107:1--"Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; His love endures forever."

Paradise (noun)- heaven, as the final abode of the righteous; a place of extreme beauty, delight, or happiness; a place of ideal beauty or lovlieness.

Thanks for listening to me. I hope you have a fantastic Friday!! I love you! And more importantly, so does God :)

1 comment:

  1. Powerful, imaginative, creative...narrative - once again. Thank you for the internal growth you are allowing that calls out to the tired, broken and hurting hearts of those within the sound of your transformation.
    You are His daughter...what a princess you are.

    ReplyDelete