Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Great Merriment Batman!

And happy Tuesday to you!

My organic test was yesterday, haven't checked to see how I did yet...I'm nervous despite the fact there's not much I can do about it now, ya know? Surprisingly enough, I wasn't stressed throughout it like all the others, although I feel I have my allergies to blame and God to thank.

This morning was quite possibly the most difficult morning to get up all semester. My allergies were tearing me apart and I was exhausted from the lack of sleep I've had recently. Regardless, I got up and read my Bible at my desk. The sun brightly shinning on my face, making my head throb just a little bit...

I went to my morning classes and I felt like death. My nose was running and super dry and my hair was all over the place. My eyes were watering and my throat felt closed. Granted, I'm a bit on the dramatic side, but still, I know we've just about all been there.

When I was done with lab, I came back to our room and I had nothing to do! So for whatever reason, I went for a run, my favorite. But not just any run...it was my first outdoor run of the year. I had contemplated where I would make a path and approximately how long I'd be gone for. Luckily, someone else had something better in store...

As I was running down Maple, and then down the sketch street to Wilson Park, I ended up going past a trail that I've seen several times and always been curious as to where it went. I changed course, it wasn't part of my plan, but I'm so glad I did. Although there were other runners and bicyclists, there were mostly trees on either side and creek on the other side of that. It was beautiful. So for the rest of my run, I thought about everything that I was thankful for. When I stopped, I was gently reminded of something else.

First, I'm still very much thankful for my allergies, not because I love the side affects, but because I love flowers and laying in thick grass. I'm thankful for color's and for being able to see them. I'm thankful that I could hear the water from the creek and for the fact that I can listen to music. I'm so thankful for my health, because so many people want to run and can't. I'm thankful that not only am I in college, but I am so lucky to have scholarships that pay for it. I'm thankful for all the wonderful people I have in my life. I have an incredibly supportive family and despite the fact that my mom and I rarely see things the same, she loves me, and I'll never doubt that. My sister is beautiful, inside and out and she helps me set goals and has never stopped encouraging me. Megan always keeps me on my game. She's my best friend. She always listens when I need someone to talk to and she always goes along with my ridiculous ideas. And I'm thankful for Rachel who never fails to make me smile with a random text here and there. She's one of my oldest friends, and I know that we'll be friends when we're old too. I'm so thankful for Regan, and for the incredible qualities that God's given him. I haven't known him long, but he's very quickly become a influential person in my life. I'm so thankful for Adam, because he never ceases to put a smile on my face, even when I don't want to. And there are so many more people and things, but I could go on forever! And I'm sure you have homework of some sort...

On my way back I passed quite the group which lead to me what I'm probably most thankful for, and that's children. If you know me, you know I'm obsessed. They're beautiful, all of them. I'm so thankful for their innocence and for their pure hearts and their unconditional love. What an amazing God. I'm so thankful for His love. For giving me another day to glorify Him. For the cool of the morning and night and for the heart warming sunshine in between. For sending His son to die for me. For giving me life and taking away pain.

Yesterday morning I prayed that I could have uncontrollable joy. That it would be contagious and overwhelming. Today? My heart was and still is so happy. For the rest of the way back on the trail I had the biggest smile on my face. I'm sure people had no idea why because I had sweat just flowing from my body, but I was. I am so incredibly blessed. I forget all too often and get swallowed in the bad things that happen day to day, but I need to start remembering that God has given me everything I need. That at the end of the day, His love conquers all. That I'm nothing without His help and guidance and that there's always hope when you play for the right team.

"My heart rejoices in the Lord; in the Lord my horn is lifted high. My mouth boasts over my enemies, for I delight in your deliverance." 1 Samuel 2:1

Glee [glee] (n)- great merriment; open delight or pleasure; exultant joy; exultation.

I'd say that sums up my day :))

Oh, and I love you! Thank you for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment