Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Man, I feel like Woman...

Good morning! I have so much to tell you! But first, you must admit, you've missed my attempt at relevant yet witty titles, huh?

So for starters, I'm so glad you're reading this! I haven't been the most consistent at keeping up with my blog recently, so I appreciate you reading when I do :)) Secondly, I'm sorry for not keeping up with my blog. I have a list of excuses, but honestly they don't matter. Thirdly, thank you for all your love, support and the prayers you may have been sending my way over the past few weeks. I know for a fact I couldn't have made it through the rest of summer without the help of God!

I think what I'll do is slowly tell you everything that's happened since we last spoke. I may never get to it! But I'll tell you what's on my heart every day and that should pretty well sum life up.

What's on the agenda for today? Well it's a modge podge of things really....

School has begun! We're a week and a day deep so far (for me at least) and it couldn't have sneaked up on me any faster! I still feel the anxious tinges every now and then from the prospect of a summer adventure...even though that summer adventure has come and gone. In the past few weeks I've had rush and more rush and moving and school starting and after all that I was tired. Again, it's no excuse, I had enough motivation to keep reading and praying daily, but after that, there was no motivation left to tell you about it. With little ambition to return to my writing, I prayed for a small ounce of a driving force to, at the very least, plan on blogging.

And then God happened.

We usually sit in alphabetical order for chapter on Monday nights, but last night being our first, the lines were messed up and people were everywhere so Compean came after Atchinson. After chapter she told me about their weekly prayer meeting at the house. I said I would definitely come today (Tuesday) and was super excited! And then she said it was at 6:30 in the morning. Excuse me? 6:30?! IN THE MORNING. You realize that means I have to get up before 6:30? Nevertheless, I said I would be there. I set another alarm before falling asleep and told myself that no matter what, I had to go. So when my alarm went off this morning and I realized it was still dark outside, I dragged myself up and tried to remember why I wanted this. And as I walked under street lamps that were still on, I reminded myself that this wasn't even about me. And all sudden there was a little bit of pink in the sky and the line "We cry Holy, Holy, Holy" came to my mind. I was still tired when I got there, but more so excited to see where this would go.

Girls continued to pile in after I did, and before I knew it, there was a full room. Of not only active members but older girls that had graduated too. As we bowed our heads to pray together I just listened for a while as these incredible girls spoke up around me. Pouring their hearts out to not only God, but to the others in the room. I felt so blessed to have such an amazing group of not girls, but young women around me. Women who have a passion and thirst and hunger for God. Who love and adore and thank and praise Him and want to live their lives for His glory. I almost cried.

I don't know how or why God puts certain people in our lives at certain times, but I know there are higher motives behind every tiny thing that happens in my life. This morning before we started, one of the young women in the group thought of this verse in relation to the situation and read it aloud:

"All the believers were together and had everything in common. Selling their possessions and goods, they gave to anyone as he had need. Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts, praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved." Acts 2:44-47

I've talked a lot over the past few months about being in good soil. Iron sharpening iron. Having a tribe. And while I knew my sorority was soil, and that there were lots of different kinds of soils in this mix, I didn't really know where to be and would have rather removed myself all together. These women, who by the grace of God I can call my sisters, are good soil. They are encouraging and supportive and loving and mindful and I would be crazy not to want my flowers growing like theirs. Although they may not know, they've encouraged me today. Yes, to blog, and to share the amazing things God does for me, but reach out a little more.

The book I finished reading a few weeks ago is called "Red Letters." I bought it as a self help book with it's modern paper back cover and chic lettering, only to find this it wasn't about helping me at all...it was about helping others. Being the arms, legs, and hands of Jesus because the most important part of being a CHRISTian is Christ. It's living a life like He did; doing everything for God and everything in love.

So I've had these thoughts of reaching out on my mind a lot lately, and because of this book, I've completely changed my morning routine and tried to focus on what I would call the "extremes," which I can explain some other time. Anyways, yes, I have all this motivation to blog now, but I also want to focus on what I can do now. Who I can reach out to here. The people who are in my immediate contact list, rather than those I can't help right this second. Don't get me wrong, I still plan on praying for them, everyday, but all of a sudden it's important for me to reach out to people here and now. The girls in the new pledge class, the freshman in chemical engineering, and people I meet in my dorm.

So am I woman? Haha, well I don't think I'm quite there yet. It's a process I'd say. One that I have a pretty good hold of with the encouragment of those much stronger than me. That moment this morning was so incredible, and I will be there next Tuesday at 6:30 in the morning when the sun isn't up just yet.

In other news, today was the best Tuesday of the year so far. I'm not even sure if the Glee premiere in 3 weeks will top this.

Hmm....it's a little shorter than usual.

I don't have any fancy languages to speak.
I'm not about to leave.
I'm not overwhelmingly sad about anything at this exact time.
I am thankful for so much.
And I do, as I always have, love you :)) Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment